Sunday, March 14, 2010

two projects done

I've been a bad blogger, I know. Much too much time has passed since my last post. But, it's only because I've been busy knitting.

I've finished two projects lately.

Last night I knit up another owl coffee cup cozie, which I plan to gift my SIL @ xmas. I know that's a long way away, but I wanted to start doing a little care package of knit items for her, which I plan to wrap in a Tim Horton's timbit box, which I was able to snag one for free a while back. A few more items will be going in there. Also note that I've revised the pattern, because I now realize that making this in aran weight yarn is a teeny bit too loose, so I've decreased by a few stitches, which should make this a bit more snug. If using DK or worsted yarn, it should be fine as is.

I also made my mom this cathedral shawl (scroll down a bit for the pdf link to the pattern) which I made out of some Fleece Artist Ottawa yarn. It's hard to tell in the picture but it's actually a very beautiful shade of blue, which I know she'll love. I plan on gifting it to her when she comes here on vacation in July. I'm also working on designing a sweater vest for my dad, so they'll both get something. But for now, this one is what I have done.


2 comments:

Flutterby Patch said...

Hey! What a busy bee you are. You've knitted some great items. I love the way the cable pattern is used to make an owl, very clever idea. If your weather is as cold as ours is in the UK you'll be having a busy Easter Holiday with your needles. Keep up the good work.

Emily said...

Hi Sabrina!

I can definitely relate to struggling to blog when you're busy with your craft. Many Etsyers have this problem! But keep up the good work, you're great.

Very cute Etsy shop, and love the treasury!
:)

Cheers,
Emily

@adoreajarbakery