Sunday, February 1, 2009

another February

Changed the look of my blog once again - I just felt like it needed a bit of a facelift, it's been a while since I've changed the backgorund!

Still working away at that bear pattern - knitting a second one to retest my pattern, to ensure that my revisions are correct. So far, so good.

Got an email back from knitty - I had sent a pattern a couple months ago, hoping to get it published in the spring issue (March), it was a pair of wrist warmers that I designed for my brother. Rejected. So far I'm 0 for 2 in trying to get something published in knitty. I had submitted 3 (maybe four?) patterns for the winter issue, which is currently out, and all of those were turned away. :( A bit discouraging. I know that a lot of people submit patterns, and it's hard to pick just a handful for publication, but still... maybe I'll have better luck with this current pattern?

I suppose I can always try submitting patterns elsewhere before posting them in my blog - it'd be nice to see them published in a mag somewhere. Last resort will be to sell a pdf of them... I just hate having to wait for responses back!

No comments: