Thursday, January 1, 2009

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Happy 2009, everyone!

I've been trying to think of a few good resolutions, that I know I'd want to stick to, and be motivated to stick to a month from now. Aside a few usual resolutions like losing weight and so forth, here are a few knitting/crochet related ones I've made for this year:

Commit 100 random acts of kindness using knitting or crochet, ie donating knit and crochet items, donating knitting supplies to worthy causes, etc. Why 100? Well, why not? Knock on wood that this is something I can accomplish within one year, but I wouldn't be a stickler about this one. One pair of knit mittens, for example, will count as one random act of kindness - so donating a few pairs will count as a few acts. Progress will be blogged.

I've also made a list of both online and in-print magazines that I want to get published in. I've been wanting to get published for years now, and I really need to buckle down and get in gear. This'll hopefully be my year. I set a goal of creating a minimum of 10 patterns this year to submit to various places for a chance of publishing something, hopefully something'll work!

No comments: