Sunday, November 16, 2008

my first 'stitch n bitch' meeting

The group's been around for a while, apprently, but I went for the first time this past Tuesday. I was invited by someone I met via ravelry to attend; the owner of Linda's Craftique in Port Credit has a meeting every other Tuesday, that meets after her store closes - the group heads to a fantastic pizza place across the street, and just knit and eat pizza for a couple hours. Great fun. :D

I managed to work on these mittens, which I started the day before the meeting and finished the day after. Using nearly 2 skeins of Mirasol Yarn Sulka that I bought at Linda's Craftique, the pattern is simply called Cabled Fingerless Mitts, available here. (You need to look around a little - it's available as a free pattern that you have to 'buy' when checking out, and the pattern's emailed to you.) But I love the yarn, it's one that I've never used before and is super soft and wonderfully warm! You can't tell from my poor picture quality, but there are little red and blue fibers mixed in with the black yarn, which make them all that more unique.

No comments: