Wednesday, August 8, 2007

crafting weirdness

This is how insane I am... I've been collecting these tabs from milk and bread loaf bags:

... and ended up taping them with clear packaging tape to a cut-up Ziploc bag to make this:



I've taken a picture of it from all angles: the colourful side is the front, the white side is the back, the top center picture is a row of tabs at the bottom, and the bottom center pic is the bag inside. I have been collecting these tabs for (litterally) years, not knowing why I was doing so, just knowing it needed to be done.

And this is what I ended up with.

But now, at least, I have a stellar little baggie which is the ideal size for things like dpn's, stitch counters, granola bars, and who knows what else. It's madness.

3 comments:

Montreal Mama said...

Cool! I use them to sometimes tie up the cast on yarn that eventually needs to be weaved into the knitting project! (So it doesnt tangle up while knitting!)

knitphomaniac said...

that makes sense! I never thought to do that. Good idea!

JanKnit said...

Don't laugh... I have seen "art" pieces in galleries made with these guys! :o}