Sunday, June 24, 2007

punk knitter's swap questionnaire

I found me another swap here, which I think may be quite fun indeed, and one to add to my many swaps that I'm throwing myself into this summer.

Here are my a's to the swap's q's:
1. Why are you punk? I've always been into the music, the clothes, the mentality... I don't know why I am, I just am.
2. What are your five favorite things? (these don't have to be knit related) Books (I'm a book nerd, I've even got an amazon.ca wish list, hint hint!), DVDs (also on wish list, nerdly, I know), sheep, lemongrass incense, things that glows in the dark
3. What are your three favorite things that you have made with knitting/crochet? 1) a hat/scarf out of green Bernat Galaxy yarn for my MIL, 2) DH's socks, 3) a toddler-sized acrylic sweater that's getting published in the anticraft's book (which comes out Nov.30th/07 - and yes, I'm bragging here)
4. What five things would you love to see in a swap box someday? 1) funky/weird/original knitting needles or crochet hooks, 2) handspun or handdyed yarn with good yardage, preferably sock yarn but anything's good 3) something glow in the dark, preferably glows-in-different-colours 4) music 5) anything hand-made
5. What are your three favorite yarns? 3 favourites: Noro Kureyon, Noro Silk Garden, anything handspun and multicoloured. What are your three least favorite yarns? 3 least favourites: to be honest I don't have name brands, but I suppose anything that's too scratchy, itchy or stiff, like cheaper acrylics or some wools, and I hate mohair that's 'hairy'
6. What are your five favorite delicasies? foodwise? SKOR Bites, cheesecake, chocolate chip cookies, herbal loose-leaf tea, anything salty
7. What are your three favorite guilty pleasures? well, putting food aside: 1) weird knitting accessories I don't need but find cool (like battery operated light-up knitting needles, or more beaded hand-made stitch markers) 2) books of knitting and crochet patterns (but I steer away from sweater-dominated books, I don't knit sweaters too often) 3) scary movies. not gory ones, mind you, but scary in the sense that they mess with your head. I'm a scary-movie-snob.
8. What would you like your pal to know that is not covered here? I'm not a girly-girl. I'm not a big fan of some yarns (ie obviously-cheap, stiff acrylics) although I'm not a yarn snob. I adore weirdness, if that's not obvious yet. I'm easily distracted by colours and shiny things. Knick-knacks are very cool - if, for example, you mail me a magnet, I'll not only hang it on my fridge but I'll be sure to point it out and brag to anyone wandering through my house that you gave it to me. I like sheep. I love handmade items. I think every crafter is an artist.

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

punk knitter? Ha! That sounds like fun! I saw a hat pattern that Lion Brand yarns put out a few years ago, with electric orange fun fur on it...It looked like a winter hat with ear flaps and a mohawk. That's an example of what punk knitting means to me and I love it. You go girl! I hope you make lots of punky things!